IMI strives to be an incubator of multidisciplinary cutting edge media related research ideas and establish Singapore as a key player at the forefront of the global interactive digital media revolution.
To forge strong interdisciplinary partnerships amongst other global players thereby bridging the academia and industry through technology transfers and spin-offs.
To facilitate and promote cross-disciplinary collaboration between the natural sciences and social sciences, bridge media systems research and media content research, and challenge the boundaries of R & D innovation in digital media.
To educate the next generation of scientists and technologists in the multi-disciplinary field of interactive digital media (IDM) by harnessing and to leverage on their strong research potential in engineering, design, educational and social science.
"...This research institute is dedicated to creating an environment where technology and creativity can coexist and develop."
ACHIEVEMENTS (2010 - 2018)
- 435 publications in total in top journals and conferences
- 20 International Awards / Recognitions, have been given to Professors and Students
- 62 IMI and BTC researchers have been invited to give Keynote lectures, in various international conferences
- 57 research seminars and 16 distinguished lectures
- 5 International top conferences (CGI’2010, CASA'2012, VRCAI'2012, VRST'2013 and CASA'2015), and 12 workshops as well as 10 joint seminars with other schools
- Major events such as the “New Media Village in NTU” in 2011, live video transmission of the humanoid robot at the Swissnex end of year party 2013, BeingThere Centre Open House in 2015, Hightech NTU Day (BTC 3D Telepresence Workshop and Industrial Workshop on 3D Graphics & Virtual Reality) in 2015, Nadine Social Robot at Human+ Exhibition at the ArtScience Museum in 2017, Nadine’s Hand showcased at Lombard Odier’s Rethinking the Future Forum in 2017, BeingTogether Centre Open House in 2017
- Since 2010, IMI has organized 239 visits, including 2040 visitors from more than 36 countries