Thank you for your interest to pursure a PhD in IMI.
Due to the rigorous intellectual demands of the PhD program, we seek applicants of a high level of scholarly abilities both in quantitative and qualitative skills. All students should apply to Interdisciplinary Graduate Programme (IGP) and select Institute for Media Innovation as the research institute.
You are advised to read the graduate admission criteria under the Interdisciplinary Graduate Programme here.
- A good Bachelor degree (at least second class upper or equivalent) and/or Master degree from a reputed university.
- Working experience is not necessary.
- When applicable, a good GRE score (taken within past 5 years).
- When applicable, a good GATE score (taken within past 3 years). This is applicable to Indian applicants who wish to use GATE in place of GRE.
- When applicable, a good IELTS or TOEFL score (taken within last 2 years).
- IELTS or TOFEL is mandatory if your tertiary education was not in English medium.
- Outstanding intellectual ability and motivation to conduct research.
Notes on GRE, GATE, IELTS and TOEFL Score:
- For more detailed information on the admission requirements and test scores, please click here.
IMI will conduct a preselection of suitable candidates based on your academic performance for intellectual ability and motivation to engage in research.
In addition to the candidate's past academic performance, the committee will also look at the statement of research objectives, research interest, and letters of reference.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a face-to-face / telephone / video-conferencing interview where the committee will ascertain the suitability of the candidate for the IGS-IMI PhD Programme.
Notes on Application to PhD Programme
Admissions for the IGP-IMI PhD Programme takes place twice yearly in August and January.
Before you apply, click here for more details on Application requirements and how to apply here.
Please ensure that you meet the admission requirements and follow the admission procedures.